Updated to reflect updates to the Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29CFR 1910.1030), which is published by the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Upon completion of this course, students receive a course completion certificate that can be presented to their employer, located at the back of the book. There is no skills test or skills demonstration at the end of this course; however, the AHA provides an optional written exam if the employer requires an exam for completion.
Includes 40 pages of full color images and text
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of taking the Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course
- Define bloodborne pathogens
- Describe the four main steps for staying safe when facing an occupational exposure
- Discuss how universal precautions, personal protective equipment, and handwashing can protect them from infection
- Recognize warning signs and labels for biohazards
- Recall how to safely remove gloves
- Discuss how to dispose of sharps and other blood-containing items
- Identify the types of spills and methods to clean them
- Discuss their exposure control plan