Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC
This course can be taught by AHA Instructors and led by “facilitators” (such as community members, family members, friends and others) who wish to help pass on lifesaving CPR skills.
The Family & Friends CPR Course is intended for anyone who wants to learn CPR and prefer to learn in an Instructor-led or facilitated group environment. This course is for people who do not need a course completion card for a job or other requirements.
Ideal for community groups, parents, grandparents, caregivers, schools and students, and others interested in learning how to save a life.
- Total run time: 83 minutes
- Packaged in clear window sleeve inside front cover of Family & Friends CPR Facilitator Guide
This video-based, classroom course teaches
- Adult Hands-Only CPR and AED (required): Approx 25 minutes
- Adult CPR With Breaths (Optional): Approx 12 minutes
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Adult (Optional): Approx 7 minutes
- Child CPR and AED (Optional): Approx 20 minutes
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Child (Optional): Approx 5 minutes
- Infant CPR (Optional): Approx 18 minutes
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Infant (Optional): Approx 2 minutes
Facilitator guide information:
- 5.375” x 8.375” guide
- Includes 16 pages of full-color images and text